We'll solve your storage and moving problems. No dramas!
National Storage is one of Australia’s largest self storage providers, with over 60 self storage centres throughout Australia including Melbourne and other regions in Victoria. At National Storage, our team of professionals have a commitment to quality, convenience and service. We are determined to make your moving and storage experience as efficient, cost-effective and easy as possible.
Our storage solutions meet a wide range of needs including personal, business and commercial, wine, car, boat and caravan storage, as well as offering:
- Packaging & Tape Solutions
- Climate Controlled Storage Options
- Cost-Effective Insurance Cover
- Truck & Ute Hire Available
Don’t forget we’re only a phone call or a click away, so call us today or enquire online. One of our storage professionals will find a storage solution to suit your needs and your budget, as well as the packaging and moving solutions you'll require. Just leave it with us, no worries!
Packing Your Storage Space Efficiently
- Plan your storage space.
- Place those items that you need to access often in the front of the unit.
- If you're a company representative accessing material quite often, it is recommended that you allow for walking and moving space within the unit, to make access to everything easier.
- Leave a small space around the perimeter of your storage unit to aid circulation.
- Ensure that heavy items aren't leaning against the walls of your unit as this can cause damage.
- Utilise all of the space available to you, including the height.
- Stack the lighter boxes on top of the heavier boxes. Don't over-pack a carton or it will be too hard to lift or rearrange in the unit when adding additional items and removing needed ones.
- Be sure to pack cartons so they are evenly balanced and won't tip over and cause damage to the things within.
- For security reasons, don't label cartons with content details, rather make a list and number the boxes, listing what is in each box. (You could even ask the storage centre manager to keep a copy on file for you.)
- If tables won't disassemble, lay the tabletop face down on the floor with the legs pointing up. Be sure to protect the tabletop.
- Cover stuffed furniture with cardboard, blankets or plastic covers to protect against dust.
- Don't place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Never lay paintings or mirrors flat. Ensure they are wrapped or placed in proper picture/mirror cartons and marked ‘FRAGILE'.
- TO ENSURE SAFE STORAGE: Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE (i.e. paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.)
- Do not store any living things (including plants), or perishable goods (especially foodstuffs).
- Empty petrol from mowers, whipper snippers, etc.
- Ensure gas bottles are empty and BBQ or cooking surfaces are clean.
What storage size do I need?
The amount of space you require will depend on the items you wish to store.
We'll size up your exact storage needs and advise you on the perfect unit for your storage requirements, and help you solve your packaging and moving problems.
If you don't have time to visit us we'll come to your home or office and calculate your exact size requirements. We can even organise a professional removalist to make your move as simple and hassle free as possible.
Take a look at our Space Guide for tips on how to make the most of your storage space. Space sizes are approximate and for comparison purposes only.
National Storage has 60 self storage centres throughout Australia including Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast in Queensland (QLD), Sydney in New South Wales (NSW), Melbourne and Geelong in Victoria (VIC), Perth in Western Australia (WA), Adelaide in South Australia (SA) and Hobart in (TAS).